Saturday 17 October 2009

Choices.

Do you ever wonder how you got to the place you are in life right now? Maybe your life isn't how you expected it would be at this time. Maybe it's better than you expected, or maybe it's worse. If you think about it, life is really just a series of decisions. Should I do this, or should I do that?

Fair enough some decisions are big (marriage, school, career, children, etc.), and some decisions are small (what should I eat for lunch? What should i do tomorrow?). But even the small decisions can have an impact on the quality of your day, week, and even your life.
Whatever the situation, there is one thing for certain: the choices you have made in your life got you to where you are right now. This may seem like a pretty harsh fact to some people, especially people that like to play the role of the victim and blame everyone but themselves for their problems. But in reality, this fact should be motivating, because it gives you the power to create the life that you want. If you don't like your situation, you can make the decision today to start making better choices for yourself so that you get to where you want to be. The fact is, we all have made decisions that could have been better, so let's learn from our experiences to help achieve the life we want in the future!
There are a lot of things that life hands us that we can't control, but we can control how we handle the situations.
One example i can give is losing your job. We can't help if we get made redundant or get fired, but we can decide to look for another job or get the education we need to do so. Which is what i did. Those 6 months of unemployment were the worst months of my life. But i let it be. When i finally realized it was my fault that i was STILL unemployed i kicked myself in gear and now Ive got the most fantastic job which I ADORE and Im in a better position than I was previously :)

This blog post must seem pretty depressing right now, but its not meant to be. I was just thinking about a friend who has made some tough choices for herself lately and even though it was a very short time ago Im all ready seeing the differences in her, and its making me think about the choices ive made in my life so far, and how perhaps I should use this day and say "enough is enough" and start living the way I want to.
Maybe i should start doing my running again and go back on that stupid diet. Not because of anyone else, but because I want to get healthy. Maybe i should make myself a better person by reading the scriptures more and making sure my testimony is strong. Maybe i should be more grateful for my friends, life is full of 'Maybes' it's our choice to start turning them into "I will"
Some people think that life is easy and everything is meant to happen the way it should happen. Its not that easy. Life is what WE make of it :)
So smile often, Laugh lots, love immensely and make the right choices around YOU. Not anyone else. This is YOUR life. YOU are the leading person in your own life :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment